Detection Technology introduces Digital X-Card series and X-GCU high throughput control electronics that enable X-ray imaging industry to develop and launch screening machines faster with high performance.
The first X-Card series include broad range of single-energy and dual-energy X-Card products with pixel pitch of 0.2, 0.4, 0.8, 1.5, 1.6 and 2.5 compatible with X-GCU to operate the image data from connected digital X-Cards.
The data transfer capability is suitable for highly computationally demanding systems such as computed tomography and meet the needs to improve production efficiency in industrial applications.
“With the launch of the digital X-Card series product family, we are showing our strategy to offer the widest detector product range for X-ray imaging application. DT X-Card series can be incorporated into any manufacturers’ X-ray imaging system, allowing savings in R&D resources and shortening the system’s time-to-market” says Kari Hyvärinen, Vice President, Security and Industrial Business Unit at Detection Technology.
DT selected the digital based architecture to meet the needs of high-quality, robust and modular X-ray system needs yet enabling more novel systems to be developed with local diagnostics functions based on digital data transfer between the X-GCU read-out and digital X-Card series.
Digital X-Card series highlights
- Security inspection
- Cargo and vehicle inspection
- Multi-view imaging
- Non-destructive testing
- Bone densitometry
- Food inspection
- Raw material sorting
- Thickness measurement
- Foreign particle detection
- CT imaging
- Single-energy supported for the X-Card2 0.2, 0.4 and 0.8
- Both Single-energy and Dual-energy supported for the X-Card 1.5, 1.6 and 2.5
- Daisy chain connection between the Digital X-Cards
- High throughput data transfer (600Mbps)
- Digital X-Link based asynchronous LVDS communication between X-GCU and digital X-Card series
- Very short integration time down to 100us
- Very compact mechanical size
- Wide sensitivity range from 1.5pC to 76.5pC with 12 steps for the 1.5, 1.6 and 2.5mm digital X-Cards
- Separately controllable gain setting for each HE and LE card
- Centralized remote firmware update by the X-GCU
- Enables local diagnostics functions: test patterns, temperature, humidity and voltage monitoring
- Robust local configuration parameters management
- Advanced features, cost effectiveness, high reliability and easy maintenance for the X-ray screening systems
- Serial number readout for traceability
- ROHS and EMC compliance
- Complete subsystems available, including detectors, controllers and software libraries for rapid system development