Privacy statement regarding recruitment
Detection Technology Plc, Ahventie 4, 02170 Espoo
Contact person in matters involving the register
Tuulia Luhtala, tel. +358408219011, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Name of register
Job applicant register
Purpose and basis of processing personal data
Detection Technology Plc (“Detection Technology”) needs to keep and process information about you for the purpose of recruitment including: (i) Recruiting (ii) managing of employee relationship (iii) evaluating and testing of job applicants. We will not use the information for any other purposes. The legal basis for processing such data are the recruitment process and applicant database management.
We will keep and use the information to fulfil our contractual obligations effectively, lawfully and appropriately, until the recruitment process is completed. This includes using information to enable us to complete the recruitment process, to comply with any legal requirements, pursue the legitimate interests of Detection Technology and to protect our legal position in the event of legal proceedings.
If you do not provide this data, we may be unable in some circumstances to comply with our obligations and we will inform you about the implications of that decision if that is the case.
Data contents of the register
The job applicant register includes the following information:
- basic information such as name, date and place of birth, personal identification number, gender, photograph
- contact information such as address, phone number, email address
- information relating to the employment relationship such as title, job description, CV and application information (work history), salary information, , evaluations, skills and achievements.
Regular sources of data
We process only information that has been collected from you.
Regular disclosure of data
We will only disclose information about you to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so or where we need to comply with our contractual duties to you, for instance we need to disclose information recruiting agencies.
We disclose job applicant personal data regularly to the following third parties:
- recruiting agencies
- suitability test providers
- facility service providers
- HR information system providers
Detection Technology may be obligated by mandatory legislation to disclose personal data to certain authorities, such as law enforcement agencies. De-tection Technology may also process personal data in case needed to defend its legitimate interests in civil or criminal legal proceedings or to prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses.
Detection Technology may transfer, assign and disclose personal data to its advisors and its subsidiaries and affiliates and their advisors in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, or the sale of substantially all of its stock and/or assets or in connection with bankruptcy proceedings or other corporate reorganization.
In addition to above Detection Technology Group’s personnel in China, Hongkong and USA are able to process your data.
Transfer of data to countries outside the EU or EEA
Detection Technology does not transfer your data outside the EU or the European Economic Area (EEA), except for the HRIS software provider, which will be able to access the data to maintain our system and support HR department in HRIS related issues.
As safeguards for exceptional transfers of personal data to third countries, the system needs credentials that are administrated by Detection Technolo-gy IT department, also the system has a log from which we are able to track the access from the service provider.
We will delete all job applicant personal data as soon as it is not anymore necessary for purposes described in section 4 above or the law does not require us to keep certain elements of your personal data and not delete it.
The retention periods for your personal data are as follows:
For all content in section 5, 6 months after the application has been received.
Detection Technology is committed to ensuring a high level of protection of the personal data.
You have the right to:
- request access to your data,
- request rectification of your personal data,
- request erasure of your data,
- obtain restriction of processing of your data,
- request data portability and
- object to the processing of your data.
- Right of access: You have the right to obtain from Detection Technology confirmation as to whether or not your personal data is processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to such personal data.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to obtain from Detection Technology rectification of inaccurate personal data relating to you.
- Right to be forgotten: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to obtain from Detection Technology the erasure of your personal data and the controller may be obliged to erase such personal data. Please note that, with respect to deleting personal data, we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep certain elements of your personal data and not delete it (or to keep the personal data for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). Please also note that when we delete personal data, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives and we may also retain anonymous data about your customer relationship. When we disclose personal data to third parties, we may not be able to access that personal data any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such personal data by the third parties to whom we have made those disclosures.
- Right to restriction of processing: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to obtain from Detection Technology restriction of processing of your Personal data. Should the restriction of processing apply, the respective personal data will be marked and may only be processed by the controller for certain defined purposes.
- Right to data portability: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to receive such personal data that you have provided to Detection Technology, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit the data to another entity without hindrance from Detection Technology.
- Right to object: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to the particular situation of you, at any time to the processing of the personal data by Detection Technology and Detection Technology may be required to no longer process such personal data.
In addition, you have the right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority regarding the processing of your personal data by Detection Technology. In Finland the supervisory authority is the Data Protection Ombudsman.
We use commercially reasonable physical and technical safeguards to secure data about you. For example, our data systems use SSL encryption and our servers have denial-of-service attack prevention and virus protection tools. All servers we use have access codes. Access to personal data is restricted to persons authorized to access the data. Passwords are changed at regular intervals.
If you have reason to believe that your personal data has been compromised please notify us immediately by contacting the contact person defined in section 2 above.
Amendments to the privacy statement
This privacy statement may be amended from time to time. You can tell when changes have been made to the statement by referring to the “Last Updated” date on top of this page. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statement regularly for any amendments.
If we materially change the ways in which we use and disclose personal data, we will inform you of it separately.