We are the most trusted partner imaging the unknown by creating foresight capabilities quicker to discover and prevent threats. Our solutions contribute to the improvement of people’s health and safety daily. With us you do work that truly matters.
We are a global provider of off-the-shelf and customized X-ray imaging solutions for medical, security and industrial applications. Our product portfolio ranges from photodiodes to complete detector systems with ASICs, electronics, mechanics and software.
Our net sales totaled EUR 94 million in 2018. With 30% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of net sales we have exceeded the market growth for over five years. We have 260 active customers in over 40 countries. Detection Technology employs over 500 people in Finland, China, France and the USA. The company’s shares are listed on the Nasdaq First North Finland market place.
We are looking for an experienced Principal Engineer, Sensors to join our team in Beijing. We have an immediate opening for:
Principal Engineer, Sensors
Principal engineer, sensors is a critical role in developing photodiode and new sensor device technology used for new type of photo and radiation detectors, may including but not limited by CMOS image sensors, SiPM, CdTe/CZT devices and other advanced new materials involved sensor technology. Additional tasks and responsibilities as needed to fulfill department objectives
Your responsibilities include:
- Develop new semiconductor sensor devices based on customer/market request, main tasks include
- Lead new sensor device development work
- Define sensor device specification
- Device modeling
- Develop manufacture/process technology (with suppliers/partners)
- Define device characterization methods
- Attend communication and technical discuss with customers
- Take technology development project management task if needed
- Assist BU and product managers to analyze customer or new market/application request on new sensors.
- Assist sourcing to select and qualify supplier for new materials/sensor device manufacturing.
- Assist on communicate with suppliers and external partners on process/device failure analysis and other tasks.
- Support on QC documentation work
- Support in trouble shooting work for difficult sensor failure cases
- Train related engineers on photo sensor device knowledge
- Specialism in Semiconductor Physics & Microelectronics, Electronic Engineering, Materials Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in research/development work on photo and radiation sensor devices with Si or other semiconductor materials.
- Experience in manufacturing and assembly processes of semiconductor materials and devices.
- Experience in semiconductor material/photo sensor device characterization.
- Experience in semiconductor device design work.
- Experience in material/device modeling, data analysis method and software usage.
- Familiar with Si-based CMOS wafer process knowledge.
- Good written and fluent spoken English.
- PhD degree in Semiconductor Physics & Microelectronics, Electronic Engineering, Materials Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 or more years’ develop work experience in photo sensor devices research, including material/device design, process and characterization.
- Research/develop experience in Si-based photodiode device or CMOS image sensor device development is preferred.
- Ability to communicate and work in a multicultural environment.
- Experience in failure analysis of semiconductor material/device.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and time manage priorities.
You will be reporting to the Manager, Photodiode Technology located in Beijing.
We offer You an opportunity to work and to develop yourself in a growing and focused High-Tech Company operating in Global Business arenas. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as invite You to a challenging position with full support in our international team of professionals.
Please send your application and CV for the vacancy to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Principal Engineer, Sensors”. For more information please contact us by phone +8610-64399970