With us you do
Work that matters
We are the most trusted partner imaging the unknown by creating foresight capabilities quicker to discover and prevent threats. Our solutions contribute to the improvement of people’s health and safety daily. With us you do work that truly matters.
We are looking for a skilled Software design professional to join our global engineering team in Finland. We have an immediate opening for
Senior SW Design Engineer
Are you interested to join a cutting-edge company and collaborate with an innovative team for the unique X-ray products? You will be part of our global, skillful and customer focused organization working with multi-disciplinary teams through all phases of the product life cycle from conceptual development and detail design through qualification, manufacturing transition and customer support.
We are looking for experienced SW professional to develop our Software solutions for our detector systems with a respect to customer requirements and high performance and functional reliability targets. You will be contributing on the SW solutions in products ranging from low cost high volume systems to highly scalable, rich featured smart detector platforms. You are in a key role to define and implement the next generation system platforms together with the team and our other technical professionals. You will bring your knowledge to our SW development environment and process improvements to ensure top quality deliverables on time.
- Analyzing, specifying and implementing appropriate SW deliverables
- Applying the optimal architectures and coding structure for the high quality SW design
- Implementation of Product SDKs including interfaces, protocols and GUI applications for the target platforms (Linux, Windows and MacOS)
- Unit testing the modules implemented by you
- Support/implementation for SW testing tools for debugging and quality assurance (including test automation)
- Support for SW continuous integration pipeline and build management development
- Leading/creation of project related specifications, plans, reports and other documentation
- Experience on (device) SDK and SW libraries development for Windows and Linux.
- Profound skills in C++ and object oriented programming in general for the optimized SW design solutions
- Preferably experience in Qt, Python and C#
- Readiness to work in global and multi-cultural team
- Excellence in diagnostic, debugging and problem solving skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience on software design for real-time systems, preferably from (X-ray) camera/video/image processing applications including the interfaces to device and client application
- Experience on algorithm implementation
- Experience with GIT versioning workflow
- Experience in Agile Scrum framework (with Confluence/Jira tools)
- Not afraid of taking technical leadership/decisions
We offer you a challenging position supported by our international team of professionals in a growing high-tech company, competitive benefits. You will be reporting to the Head of FW & SW and you can work remotely or based on our office locations in Oulu or Espoo, Finland.
Please, feel free to contact us for more information Head of FW & SW, Juha Sorvala, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile: +358400446627
We will start the interviews immediately and the vacancies will be closed once suitable candidates found. We look forward to receiving your application including salary request, CV and application letter to email@example.com with subject “Senior Design Engineer, SW”.
We are a global provider of off-the-shelf and customized X-ray imaging solutions and services for medical, security and industrial applications. Our product portfolio ranges from photodiodes to complete detector systems with ASICs, electronics, mechanics, software and algorithms.
Our net sales totaled EUR 99 million in 2022. We have 390 active customers in over 40 countries. Detection Technology employs around 470 people in Finland, China, France and the US. The company’s shares are listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market Finland under the ticker symbol DETEC.