With us you do
Work that matters
We are the most trusted partner imaging the unknown by creating foresight capabilities quicker to discover and prevent threats. Our solutions contribute to the improvement of people’s health and safety daily. With us you do work that truly matters.
Are you interested to join a cutting-edge company and collaborate with an innovative team for the unique X-ray products? You will be part of global, innovative and customer focused organization working with multi-disciplinary teams through all phases of the product life cycle from conceptual development and detail design through qualification, manufacturing transition and production support.
We are looking for a two FW Designers to develop FPGA solutions for our detector systems with a respect to customer requirements and high performance and functional reliability targets. You will be contributing the electronics designs ranging from low cost high volume systems to highly scalable, rich featured smart detector products. As a team member you will be also involved in FW design area process and –environment development related activities.
- FPGA Design implementation process activities including RTL coding, documenting, simulations, constraining, synthesis & design verification
- Collaborate with SW, electronics and Verification & Validation Engineers to specify, implement and validate the product requirements with the optimal performance.
- Development of FPGA design and verification environment/tools, process and documentation by follow-up and applying the industry standards.
- Support company product concepting and road mapping by evaluating FPGA family selections and electronics readout platform architectures.
- Depending on the candidate’s experience and skills the position can be adjusted accordingly.
- Proven proficiency and track record from FPGA/ASIC design for high speed real-time systems
- Excellent understanding of FPGA/ASIC design constraints and dependencies in modular architecture including vendor IP integrations.
- Proficiency in implementing communication interfaces between the device and host computer SW including the common standards, 1/10GE, Camera Link, USB 3.0 etc.
- Familiar with electronics design basics with a capability to perform signal measurements relevant to FPGA/ASIC design functionality
- Excellent team player with co-ordination and mentoring characteristics
- Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Intel/Altera/Quartus EDA tools
- Preferable experience on VHDL
- Architecture/design experience for camera/video processing applications
- Experience in algorithms implementation
- Experience in embedded SW development
We offer you a challenging position supported by our international team of professionals in a growing high-tech company, competitive benefits. You will be reporting to the Head of FW & SW and you can work remotely or based on our office locations in Oulu or Espoo, Finland.
Please, feel free to contact us for more information Head of FW & SW, Juha Sorvala, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile: +358400446627
We will start the interviews immediately and the vacancies will be closed once suitable candidates found. We look forward to receiving your application including salary request, CV and application letter to email@example.com with subject “(Senior) Design Engineer, FW”.
We are a global provider of off-the-shelf and customized X-ray imaging solutions for medical, security and industrial applications. Our product portfolio ranges from photodiodes to complete detector systems with ASICs, electronics, mechanics, software and algorithms.
Our net sales totaled EUR 90 million in 2021. We have 370 active customers in over 40 countries. Detection Technology employs around 450 people in Finland, China, France and the US. The company’s shares are listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market Finland under the ticker symbol DETEC.